When life becomes overwhelming and you feel as if you’re lost amongst the shadows, there’s a few things one should keep in mind. I’m still learning.
- Know you can stand on your own. You don’t need anyone, even though it is nice to have.
- Continue to do things you enjoy. It’s your life, might as well live as close to how you want as possible.
- Stop living in the past! This is a big one. Things happened that you wish didn’t, but they did, so deal with it and move on. Things will occasionally still affect you, but the more you acknowledge that, the easier it will be to throw them in the trash. It made you who you are today.
- Set a goal and stick to it. If you feel as if your life is lacking purpose, find something to do. Take a class, learn how to play an instrument, or make it a goal to go somewhere new. Whatever it may be, keep your mind set on it.
- Be proud of who you are! Sometimes it’s easier to talk about the negatives than it is the positives, but if you’re happy with who you are as a person – great! If not, change it. Unbeknownst to many, I actually LIKE who I am, I just tend to have not-so-great days where I don’t want to see it anymore.
Mix all of this in with the fact I’m taking my medication again and don’t feel depressed whatsoever, we have a bunch of fantastic opportunities ahead of us, and there are good people around us to share in the joy.
Now let’s just pretend we’re celebrating and drinking together, k?